Gas (Full & Part Time)
Domestic Gas Engineer (for existing plumbers)
This comprehensive training programme has been designed for candidates with previous experience in the plumbing and heating industry. It covers all aspects of domestic gas work and gas safety and will take students from learning about combustion and CO detectors, all the way through to being a competent and employable Gas Engineer.
End to end training
We invest in every student; our aim is not just getting you qualified, it’s getting you earning in a full-time role.
Our comprehensive course consists of:
Stage 1 – LCL Awards DNGA3 Gas Foundation Training including Central Heating
Part 1: Core Gas Safety (4 weeks)
- Maintaining safety in natural gas
- Applying core gas safety measures
- Electrical supply & earth continuity
- Inspection & testing of Cookers
- Inspection & testing of Ducted Air Heaters
- Inspection & testing of Space Heaters (Fires)
- Landlord Certifications (CP12s) on Fires & Cookers
- Safe removal of Domestic Meters & installation
- Installing, servicing & maintaining pipework
- GIUSP (unsafe situations) and RIDDOR Procedures
- Gas safety controls
- Gas Regulation
- Combustion Analysis (flue gas analyser use)
- CO awareness & effects of CO
Part 2: Central Heating (CH) Diagnostics & Repairs (2 weeks)
- Component recognition & testing
- Fault-finding – diagnosis & repair on domestic appliances
- Electrical multi-meter use
- Fault-finding on ‘S plan’ heating systems
- LCL Awards Electrical Safe Isolation
- CP12s on Boilers and Water Heaters
- Stripping of pumps & repair
- Specialist manufacturer combi-boiler training
- CH system design (theory & install)
- ‘S Plan’, ‘Y Plan’ & combi-boiler installation/conversion
- Radiator & system sizing
- Chronological 6 bay CH fault-finding & tasks
- Approved Tracpipe installation
Stage 2 – Work-based Competence & Gas Portfolio of Evidence Building
The most important part of the gas training process is building up a portfolio of evidence. You cannot sit your final ACS assessments without a portfolio of evidence and this can only be gathered by working alongside a Gas Safe Registered engineer. Here at Brookhouse Training Centre we provide every single student that we train, a 100% written guarantee of a work placement, with an immediate start, in the student’s local area.
- Guaranteed Work Placement
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Gain On-Site Experience
- Local to You
- Minimum of 18 weeks
Stage 3 – High Intensity Training & ACS Assessments
Once your portfolio has been completed to a sufficient standard required by Brookhouse’s Gas Assessors, you will then be required to undertake a mandatory theoretical and practical assessment to achieve the LCL Awards Certificate of Training, which is compliant with IGEM/IG/1 (The Standards of Training in Gas Work). This certificate will enable candidates to sit the relevant ACS assessments and will be preceded by high-intensity-training to prepare candidates for the final ACS assessments.
ACS Assessments – Core Gas Safety (CCN1) including Combustion Performance Analysis (CPA1)
Plus 1 appliance from the following*:
- Central Heating Boilers/Instantaneous Water Heaters (CENWAT)
- Gas Fires (HTR1)
- Cookers (CKR1)
- Meters (MET1)
*Providing the student has sufficient time on-site and portfolio evidence for additional appliances, these can be added-on via a ‘bridging course’ at an additional cost per appliance.
On successful completion of the ACS assessments, students will then be able to either seek employment with a domestic gas company or to register with Gas Safe in their own right.
BTC Training Centre Ltd (trading as Brookhouse) is an approved training provider through the Awarding Body LCL Awards. Successful candidates will receive their certification for their CCN1 and additional appliances from LCL Awards.
Contact for availability
Request a callback from our team for further information by filling out the form below.